Monday, December 22, 2008

I should so be in bed right now...

Something about having to be up at 6 am for a change and it's almost 1. Ah well, sleep's no fun anyways. Right? I have elected to play with my new toy instead. Yup, you guessed it... this is my new toy. All shiny and simple. I really made it to just toss out random poetry and a few thoughts for discussion. That lasted all of two days before boredom and exhaustion destroyed any such conceptions.

Blah. Now what to talk about? Hmm...

Internal thoughts stream past at dizzying speeds. Read through and discarded one after the other. Each no better than the last. Randomness ensues within a deadened and lifeless mind. A sip of coffee provides momentary relief and a jolt of awareness, only to spiral back into autopilot as the cup is empty once more. Free writing they call it... but do we each see it as the same thing? Perhaps for some it is not truly a 'free' experience as they are self-consciously checking each and every thought. what will this person say? or what if so-and-so no longer likes me? How pathetic. See? Point proven. I judged them as they expected, though, perhaps not for the reasons they expected. A hundred and more reasons I could give for it to not really be free writing... because to 'free-write' you have to let go of everything in my opinion. Not even think of what you're writing as it flows to the paper. Don't stop, don't second guess, just let it be. Forget about who might be listening or watching and hit publish before you can stop to think. Liberating in a way....

Hmm, I dont free write often, but I always find it brings forth the strangest thoughts.... Don't you?

1 comment:

michael said...

Huh, I never actually thought about it like that. Its crazy how so many people have different ideas to so many topics. I personally think of it as a way to contribute to the thinking of sociaty. Though it does seem to bring forth a lot of strange ideas.

Post a Comment